AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Federal Criminal Defense
- State Criminal Defense
- Serious Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- DUI Defense in Columbus, Harris County, & Fort Benning, GA
- Expungement/Retroactive First Offender/Petitions for Removal from Registry
- Federal and State Felony Charges
- Misdemeanor Criminal Charges including battery
- Civil Litigation
- Civil Rights Violations including § 1983
- False Arrest
- Malicious Prosecution
- First Amendment
- Criminal Appeals
- State Bar of Georgia
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- The Supreme Court of the State of Georgia
- The Court of Appeals of the State of Georgia
- All other Georgia Courts
In 2013, trial attorney Mark C. Post entered into private practice joining a Columbus, Georgia, law firm sharing his wealth of legal knowledge and substantial experience in the field of complex litigation gained over many years of trying cases before juries. In July 2018, Mark opened his new law firm located at #3 Bradley Park Court, Ste. F, Columbus, GA 31904.
A skilled and accomplished litigator, Mark has successfully defended those falsely accused of sexual offenses; served as criminal defense counsel in federal drug cases in which up to thirty-five defendants were indicted; won murder cases with as many as six co-defendants; skillfully litigated white collar criminal cases involving up to 1.2 million dollars; tried multiple co-defendant murder, armed robbery and drug cases; and favorably concluded civil matters as plaintiff’s counsel involving serious personal injury and wrongful death, false arrest, malicious prosecution, violation of civil rights, negligence, and nuisance. Mark also handles expungements, criminal record correction or restriction, petitions for removal from sex offender or child abuse registry, retroactive First Offender petitions, and civil asset forfeiture.
Mark graduated from Emory University with a Bachelor of Arts in Economics in 1989 and furthered his education at the University of Georgia School of Law receiving his law degree in 1992. He served twenty years as a State prosecutor, as an Assistant District Attorney and Chief Assistant District Attorney. He effectively handled more than 5000 cases as lead counsel which included receiving more than 100 verdicts in jury trials in Superior Court and a trial success rate of 98% over the last 13 years of his prosecutorial career.
Mark’s effectiveness as an appellate attorney is illustrated through the legal briefs he wrote and the arguments he made in over 50 cases that resulted in written appellate decisions from the Georgia Supreme Court and the Georgia Court of Appeals. These decisions include nine published Georgia Supreme Court decisions in murder cases.
In addition to practicing law, Mark is politically active and serves the community as a member of various boards. He is married, has a daughter, and attends Grace Presbyterian Church.
OTHER ADMISSIONS, HONORS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- American Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- AV Preeminent attorney as rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Included in “Legal Leaders: Georgia’s Top Rated Lawyers” (2014, 2015 & 2016)
- Republican Leadership for Georgia- 2016 Graduate